Patrick de Ritis is known worldwide as a renowned educator, bassoonist, artistic director, and conductor.
Besides performing as a soloist alongside the Vienna Symphony Orchestra with world-famous conductors such as Georges Prêtre, Vladimir Fedosjev, Wolfgang Sawallisch and Maris Janson, Ricardo Muti, Claudio Abbado, Leonhard Bernstein, Laurin Marcel, Adam Fischer, Philipp Jordan amongst others in Russia, Japan, the USA, Europe, and Asia, Patrick de Ritis has had a very active career as soloist and conductor with many world-class orchestras.
- Engagement as principal solo-basoonist at the Vienna Symphony Orchestra since 1990
- Ensemble member of the Chamber Orchestra Wiener Concert-Verein since 1990
- Founder and Artistic Director of the wind-ensemble European Wind Soloists since 1990, today Italia Sinfonietta
- Founding member, artistic director, and Vice-President of the Chamber Orchestra Concertino Wien, Members of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra from 2009 to 2014
- Founding member and artistic director of the Quinteto Briccaldi from 1987 to 1990
- Since 2020 artistic director of the Concert Cycle Moment Musical in Vienna (www.moment-musical.com)